Thursday, December 20, 2012

An invitation came from Paris

He took guitar master classes in Belgrade.

A documentary entitled A Journey distributed in his debut album features part of his performance of Ej Jadan Aj at the 1994 children's music festival.

Music provided Milos and his family reassurance and escape in the war years.

"I remember there was a power outage, and we were trying to keep warm," he recalls.

"My mom said: 'Why don't you bring your guitar and play something for us?' It was like the music kept us going."

An invitation came from Paris when he was 13.

"That was a big deal," Milos says.

In the early 1990s, the Montenegrins felt isolated from the outside world and weren't able to travel abroad.

"I just played a small concert in Paris. But it was my first chance to get out of my country, and I did not have a suit," Milos recalls.

"My parents put everything together - their whole savings - so I could have a proper suit."

The next year, Milos took a master class taught by the guitarist David Russell who was amazed by his talent and strongly recommended him to London's Royal Academy of Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment