Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The second half of the show

Working with Taiwan producer Jim Lee, she combined classical music and pop rhythms, with piano and violin in Por Una Cabeza, a popular Argentine tango by Carlos Gardel.

The second half of the show saw her pay tribute to some established Mandarin pop stars by singing Jacky Cheung's Autumn, Teresa Teng's South Sea Girl and Chyi Yu's Dreamland.

Zhang, who rose to fame after winning the 2005 Supergirl singing competition, is known for singing in various languages, such as English, French and Spanish, in addition to Mandarin.

She is also known for hitting the high notes, which is why she is known as "Dolphin Voice". Zhang has been compared to Mariah Carey, whom she has admired since she was a teenager.

Her five studio albums and two EPs released since 2006 have all topped the Chinese music charts. She has also won best female singer awards over the past three years.

"I have been trying to sing in different styles because I want to find a style that belongs to (me)," she says. "I love music, but during the past seven years, I just wasn't enjoying myself singing."

No comments:

Post a Comment